These are some of the COVID-Secure protocols we have put in place to ensure the personal safety of our guests and staff. They are subject to ongoing evaluation and adaptation in consultation with WHO, Public Health England and our local London authorities.
• Employee training & procedures – All our employees are undertaking regular training sessions and must comply with our new standards of operation regarding COVID-19 health and safety protocols. This includes physical distancing measures, hand hygiene and the wearing of face masks and gloves if mandated. Employees will be asked immediately to seek medical advice and to self-isolate at home if they, or anyone in their household, shows any symptoms of COVID-19.
• Medical assistance – In line with Government advice and protocols, we will give support and medical assistance to any guests feeling unwell via our property’s designated medical support team. Our staff will immediately report any possible cases of COVID-19 to senior managers and external authorities as legally required.
• Physical distancing - Our public areas have been adjusted for reduced contact and for physical distancing as recommended by health authorities.
• Arriving at the hotel – Only the main entrance is used and all those crossing the threshold will have their temperature read by a stand-alone hands-free digital thermometer. If anyone should register a temperature of 37.8c or above, they will be offered either a guest room to self-isolate in or directions to the nearest health centre for assistance. In accordance with UK Government guidelines we are requiring our guests to wear face coverings in our public areas. Guests are not required to wear face coverings whilst seated in Quarter Bar and Lounge.
• Reception – Check-ins and Check-outs are performed within physical distancing guidelines and our Front Desk has been adapted with glass screens for reduced contact. There are sanitiser stations, sanitised key cards, online payment where possible alongside sanitised credit card machines and a paperless checkout. All reading material - magazines, directories, newspapers and writing paper are temporarily unavailable.
An express check-out is available if our Reception team already have payment details.
• Luggage - Luggage is handled by staff with caution and sprayed at the entrance of the hotel with an anti-bacterial sanitising solution.
• Face masks, gloves and amenity kits – Every guest on arrival receives an amenity kit including a packet of disposable tissues, a mini bottle of hand sanitiser and a sachet of disposable sanitising wipes. Face masks and gloves are available on request.
• Hand sanitiser stations throughout the hotel- Easy access to antibacterial hand sanitisers throughout the hotel on every floor.
• Lift protocol – Lifts are limited to one guest per car at all times or to a family group travelling together.
• Streamlined guest accommodation - Our guest rooms are deep cleaned before every guest stay and enhanced housekeeping protocols will continue to ensure guest safety using cleaning products known to be effective against Coronavirus. Expect to see clutter free rooms with reduced amenities; notepads, guest directories, newspapers, hairdryers, bathrobes and extra linens will be available upon request only. Telephones and TV remotes will be thoroughly cleaned after use and secured with hygiene protectors for each new guest’s arrival. Disposable and recyclable cups will be placed in the bathrooms. Whilst in-room minibars will be locked and unavailable, we will be offering a contactless room service delivery on demand. We are also working towards providing access to our guest directory and menus digitally via a QR code.
• Housekeeping – Up until 21st June 2021 our in-room housekeeping service is on request. Our regular service will commence once current restrictions are lifted by the Government. If additional linen or towels are required, they will be delivered in a bag and left outside the room. If a guest stay exceeds three consecutive nights, the guest will be offered a different room to move into. Deep cleaning of the bedrooms takes place after a guest’s departure. The housekeeping team follow a thorough procedure using medical grade, disinfectant foggers after which, the room is left empty for up to six hours before finalising the room turnaround process. Where possible rooms are left ‘fallow’ for 72 hours before sanitising/cleaning between guests to reduce risk.
• Increased cleaning regimes for high volume areas – We operate hourly sanitation in our public areas and high-volume touch areas including our front entrance, door handles, handrails, tables, reception desks, lift call buttons, public restrooms, etc. A similar protocol is in place back of house to ensure employee safety.
• Room service food delivery – We will operate a contactless room service delivery for our guests. Takeaway disposable packaging and wrapped cutlery can be requested. Menus will be available digitally via a QR code.
• Hotel services and amenities – For your safety, some services and amenities may be modified or suspended. Meeting rooms are available subject to physical distancing regulations with maximum occupancy numbers to be advised. The full re-opening of our food and beverage outlets is regularly reviewed.
• Industry recognised accreditations – London Bridge Hotel has achieved accreditations from Visit Britain, the AA and StayClean which demonstrate we adhere to the Government and public health advise. We use TECcare CONTROL, a medical-grade electrostatic treatment, throughout the hotel. This applies a protective film to all surfaces using 360° wrapping, actively killing 99.99% of viruses and bacteria for up to 28 days for unrivalled protection.